Thursday, January 17, 2008

Shalom Bayit






Friends and family wisely avoid shopping with me as I dither forever over every purchase and frequently spend hours out only to return home with just one or two items to show for my trouble.

My sister-in-love and I once spent at least 40 minutes marching up and down the local branch of Ackermans modelling their range of fluffy slippers for one another as we couldn't decide between the flowers...or the hearts...or perhaps the frogs...only to settle on the first pair we'd tried.

I can even spend ages deliberating between two seemingly identical teddybears as the stitching gives each one a slightly different facial expression and I want to be sure of choosinghe friendliest looking bear.

Why am I telling you this?

To illustrate to you just how out of character it was for me to step through the door of a showhouse in Green Park, Hod Hasharon and instantly know that this should be my home.

Situated in the middle of a quiet cul-du-sac that leads to a large park and lush farm lands,I am perfectly placed just 300 metres from the local shopping mall and the country club and have family and friends living within just a few houses of mine. My children walk to school and cycle to friends and extra-murals and the thrill I get every time I turn into my road more than makes up for the hard work of cleaning a double storey house and tending a garden on my own.

The kettle is always on and you're welcome to stop by any time...provided you wash your dirty coffee cup before you leave!

No comments: